Thrilling video shows allure of SPEED!
History of Jets and Jet Cars that can break the sound barrier --
Speed junkies buy exotic cars, there is no doubt about it -- but what is it that fascinates car clientele with the thrill about it?
In the video below, you can visually see and hear what happens when jets flying break the sound barrier.
FUTURE CARS DESIGNED TO DO WHAT JETS OF THE PAST HAVE ALREADY DONE
Land speed record holders have dreamed for years of accomplishing the same sort of feats with cars powered by jet propulsion.
The trouble with determining who actually holds the land speed record (or absolute land speed record) for going the fastest speed achieved by any wheeled vehicle on land is that there is no single body for validation and regulation.
It's like taking a test without being able to hand your paper in to a teacher that holds an answer key or rubric to give you a grade on it.
Speed enthusiasts all have a different answer about who really holds what title and how to decide what the rules and regulations for the competition are aside from a vehicle to stay on lad and go really, really fast.
Watch the video to catch a glimpse of the following scientific phenomenas caused by jets that leave those of us who are speed junkies craving faster exotic cars that can someday compete:
- Supersonic Shockwave Phenomena
- Breaking the Sound Barrier
- Sonic Boom
- High-Subsonic Flight
LAND SPEED RECORD SET BY JET CAR
Now, having watched the video, think about this: cars have already been built and tested that have set new land speed records, but have gone so fast they broke the sound barrier.
Were the records set in any designer brand like Lamborghini, Maserati, or Ferrari? No.
The allure of speed has brought hundreds of teams together over the years to draft and design unique automobiles that are meant for one purpose only: to achieve mind boggling land SPEED.
Regarding the history of jet cars and urban legends surrounding the fastest cars in the world, Roadsters.com reports the following:
It has been said that the first car race probably took place the first time two cars pulled up beside each other. And ever since then, there has been competition to see who could go the fastest.
In the fall of 1997, two teams, one from Great Britain and the other from southern California, traveled to Nevada and gathered at the Black Rock Desert. Surrounded by the media and hundreds of devoted race fans, they took turns doing the best they could.
One team came fully prepared. After thousands of hours of hard work, they met their goals.
The other team tried but had problems, and has since sold the car to another American team that hopes to bring the record back to the United States.
But for now, and for the foreseeable future, there is no doubt whatsoever as to who has the fastest car in the world, and the fastest car in history.
The Thrust SSC team set the record. The exotic racer was a twin turbofan-powered car which achieved 763 miles per hour (1,228 km/h) for the mile (1.6 km), breaking the sound barrier.
MORE ABOUT LAND SPEED RECORDS IN VARIOUS VEHICLES
Since that time, shamed celebrity Jesse James aimed to hit a new land speed record in a hydrogen powered green exotic car. While he claimed to have succeeded, new controversy has arisen claiming he faked his claim to get news ratings and free publicity for his bike shop -- which if true is certainly disappointing.
The hydrogen car was not powered to go anywhere near as fast as a jet car, but it still was rumored to be able to hit 170 + MPH, a true engineering feat in the world of eco friendly [cleaner emission] green cars.
Why do people aspire to build the fastest automobiles in the world?
Because the cars look hot and they sound even cooler. That's for sure.
Want more Green Car Updates and Shades of Green News?
Follow @greenexoticcar on Twitter
- New Hello Kitty custom Ferrari exotic car art or blasphemy?
- Rapper 4 wheels hot pink Lamborghini through desert, gets sued for trashing exotic car rental
- Exotic car company Maserati to build BMW M5 extreme sports car rival
- Which would you rather buy: Ferrari California exotic car vs. Lexus LF-A sports car?
- Lexus LFA perfect pitch: Commercial car shows engine sound breaking glass and hot car sells out?
- Taste the Rainbow: 50 new special edition Dodge Vipers in Skittles rainbow colors
- Family Feud: Son of Sultan sues brother for right to drive daddy's Bentley Brooklands
- World's slowest Porsche -- Viral VIDEO of green Porsche GT3 RS art car
- Drunk Driver goes all out General Lee Style at toll booth in DFW -- Viral VIDEO #cars
- Green Exotic Car: Toyota bringing retired MR2 back as high tech hybrid sports concept car
- Ferrari News Update: Stolen Steve McQueen $2.3 M Ferrari still missing and criminals at large
- Cool Cars: Spyker C8 Aileron inspires ride lust -- Production model stats, new exotic car VIDEO
- Hot Cars in Hollywood: List of 5 hot female star celebs who drive cool cars
- Hot Cars in Hollywood: List of 5 hot male star celebs who drive cool cars
- Exotic Car News: World's ugliest supercar now a Transformers robot? (PHOTOS + toy cars history)
- Cool Cars, Fast Cars, Hot Cars: Sports Car sounds iPhone App -- DEMO VIDEO engine, exhaust sound
- Car Girl Auto Review: Weismann MF3 Roadster on Hot Cars list -- Exotic car (VIDEO)
- Seeing Red: Ferrari 599 GTB spends Arabian Nights out in London -- Custom Blu Abu Dhabi color? VIDEO
- Wrecked Exotics News: Reward for information offered on 1st Ferrari 458 crash in Poland
- Car Girl Auto Review: What is better than a Maserati GranTurismo? Topless sister GranCabrio