Like other generations baby boomers were shaped by the significant historical events they shared as a group. When we look at the liabilities and assets of baby boomers we see a vivid picture of the time the nation changed to a spirit of giving unto others. The era of Camelot contrasted by the Vietnam War and the civil rights struggles created a generation concerned with humanity and justice.
Here is a small summary of the historical events that made a lasting impression on this generation. Each of these occurrences left an indelible mark on their personalities, the way they think in a way they react to life situations.
- Creation of the Peace Corps
- JFK shot
- Expansion of suburban communities
- Civil Rights expanded in most countries
- Assassinations Martin Luther King, Jr., and Robert Kennedy
- Man on the Moon
- Oil Embargo
By understanding these historical events we can better understand the content of the character of the baby boomer generation.
© Max Impact, used with permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / Traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail