Many say generational Y should be spelled generation why because of their desire to understand the world around them. Certainly the key historical events shaping this generation have many of their seniors also asking “why”? The senseless attacks on innocent people are at the forefront of the headlines. These include the innocent students killed in Colorado and at other schools, the war in Iraq which has many still wondering what we fought to achieve and the tragedy of September 11 and subsequent attacks in Spain and England.
Here’s a small summary of the historical events that made a lasting impression on this generation. Each of these occurrences left an indelible mark on their personalities, the way they think in a way they react to life situations.
World Trade Centers, Madrid, and London attacks
The Personal Computer Age
By understanding these historical events we can better understand the content of the character of generation Y.
© Max Impact, used with permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / Traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail