Historic Columbia is recruiting new volunteers. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking for a way to meet new people, visit historic sites and discover the culture and lifestyles of South Carolina's capital city and Richland County.
New volunteer training kicks off at Monday, June 9 and consists of five weekly general introductory sessions (June 9, June 16, June 23, June 30 and July 7). Additional training will be provided as new volunteers choose their role within Historic Columbia. HC is looking for volunteers willing to donate six or more hours a month to nurturing, supporting and protecting the historical and cultural heritage of Columbia and Richland County.
As a volunteer for Historic Columbia, you will:
· Receive a 15% discount on purchases at the Gift Shop at Robert Mills.
· Enjoy complimentary admission to our historic house museums for yourself and members of your immediate family.
· Attend special Historic Columbia functions for free or at reduced rates.
· Receive a free subscription to Historically Speaking, Historic Columbia’s quarterly newsletter.
· Tour and visit other historic sites during monthly volunteer meetings and presentations.
All training sessions will be hels at the Seibels House located at 1601 Richland Street. For further information, please call Ann Posner at 803-252-1770 ex 24 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to receive email updates when new articles are posted, please click the "subscribe" button at the top of the page.
If you enjoyed this article, please check my Examiner page here.