The Hip Hop album and R&B sales were released on Wednesday by HipHopDx.com. Beyonce led top the charts with 61,000 units sold last week. She is currently up to 1.5 million albums sold. The self titled album did drop to #4 in total sales, and HipHopDx states that she had a 22% decrease in sales from last week. While Beyonce is rapidly approaching two million in sales, she isn’t the only artist nearing that feat.
Eminem was second in albums sold with 29,000 units of ‘The Marshall Mathers LP2.’ With over 1.8 million in total sales, the Detroit emcee should surpass two million in the next few weeks.
Drake’s ‘Nothing Was The Same’ came in at the fourth spot with 15,000 albums sold.
There are still a few mainstays from the middle of 2013 in the top of the Hip Hop charts. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis came in at number 6 with 13,000 units sold. Kendrick Lamar is also in the top 10 of the charts.
Kanye West still ranks in the top 13 of the charts, but he hasn’t approached platinum status with ‘Yeezus.’
Here are the rest of the charts below.
1. Beyonce - Beyonce - 61,000 (1,572,000)
2. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2 - 29,000 (1,846,000)
3. R. Kelly - Black Panties - 16,000 (302,000)
4. Drake - Nothing Was The Same - 15,000 (1,400,000)
5. Kid Ink - My Own Lane - 14,000 (65,000)
6. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 13,000 (1,269,000)
7. Childish Gambino - because the internet - 9,500 (194,000)
8. Yo Gotti - I Am - 5,300 (131,000)
9. B.o.B - Underground Luxury - 5,100 (75,000)
10. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city - 5,000 (1,143,000)
11. Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up EP - 4,800 (32,000)
12. Jay Z - Magna Carta...Holy Grail - 4,000 (1,113,000)
13. Kanye West - Yeezus - 2,000 (636,000)
If you liked this article, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. Follow William on Facebook and Twitter or connect on Pinterest and Stumbleupon. Find more by Williamon his Music page or New York Hip Hop group. Submit your mailbag questions via Tumblr.