Yesterday, Richard Chai presented his "Love" and Men's Fall 2013 collections. "The designer seemed to be mining military motifs for many of his silhouettes, the world of men’s suiting for his fabrics and raiding a jewel box of gemstones to add pops of color to a palette based in brown, navy blue and olive drab," the Los Angeles Times wrote of his inspiration. Ashlee Simpson, Christina Ricci, Leigh Lezark and Maggie Grace were a few of the notables spotted in the front row.
Richard Chai Backstage Beauty highlights:
Inspiration: Utilitarian military style with a variety of textures and rich fabrics in olive green and fair purple to evoke the feeling of nighttime
Get the Look (Hair):
- RSession Tools Heat Proof Mat
- RSession Tools Hair Dryer
- Variety of dry shampoos available on Beauty.com
- L’Oreal Paris Elnett to finish
- To create the look, Kevin parted hair on the left side and used a variety of different dry shampoo products from Alterna, Oscar Blandi, KLORANE and DevaCurl (depending on the model’s hair type) to create a soft, clean and effortlessly chic ponytail, which was secured by a small strand of hair.
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Color in Harem Silks from Bombay (available for Holiday 2013 on Beauty.com)
This NYFW, Beauty.com is launching a first-of-its-kind social “hub” for Fashion Week that will bring the entire event into an online, social experience for all of the Beauty.com fans and customers to see. Beauty.com/frontrow will include live-tweeting, real-time photos from the Beauty.com Instagram and Twitter handles, highlighted tweets from brands and partners, a live-stream from the Lela Rose show and an opportunity for customers and fans to join the conversation.
Later that evening, many guests headed to the Mondrian SoHo's Mister H, where Richard Chai was holding his after party. Partygoers were welcomed into a VIP lounge with complimentary Caliche Rum bottle service, red velvety couches and more models than one could count. Throwback tunes by Justin Timberlake, TLC and a whole slew of other '90s hits blared over the speakers (including Khia's epic one hit wonder "My Neck My Back"). Attendees included the Brant brothers, Harry and Peter, Derek Blasberg, Philip Lim, and fashion blogger BFF's Bryanboy and Rumi Neely. The brothel-themed bar got busy by 1 a.m. as everyone loosened up and danced well into the night.
Additional reporting by Alexandra Finkel