After a red-hot scoring blitz as noted in last week's Examiner.com high-score report from bowling leagues in the Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte County area, things tapered off substantially in this week's summation.
The only perfect game to report was posted by Ron Axberg, who blasted a 300 to complete a 768 series during a recent session of the Jeffcoat Blueprinting League at AMF Bradenton Lanes.
After opening with scores of 243 and 225, Axberg, who recently relocated to this area from Kenosha, Wis., blasted 12 consecutive strikes in his final game. It marked his first perfect game since he rolled three of them in Kenosha in 2010.
Two area players, Dave Cottrill and David Drab, blasted 10 consecutive strikes in a single game to roll scores in the 280s.
Cottrill opened a 736 series in the After Hours Bail Bonds/Frank Stagg Senior Classic at AMF Venice Lanes with a 289 game, and Drab fired a 280 game to jump-start a 717 series in the Kays-Ponger-Uselton Men's League at Treasure Lanes in Port Charlotte.
Far-over-average performances reported
Three bowlers turned in game scores that were more than 100 pins over their current league averages.
Anthony Mioduszewski rolled a 109-over 277 game in the middle of a 576 series in the Al Davis Memorial League at Bowland Port Charlotte, John Moore posted a 208-over 266 game in the Friday Mixed League at Bowland, and John Rawson had a 101-over 289 effort to open a 684 series in the Yoder's Restaurant League at Sarasota Lanes.
Three players were far over average in the three-game series department at Treasure Lanes, including: Robert Heilman, a 179-over 707 on games of 247, 253 and 207 in the H2U Mixed League; John Nickols, a 157-over 745 on scores of 246, 241 and 258 in the Beef O'Brady's/Parquette Insurance League; and Gene Harris, a 152-over 704 that included a 268 game in the Aero Sol Men's League.
Other far-over-average series were posted by Nina Phillips, with a 152-over 641 (233-234-174) in the Monday Mixed League at Englewood Bowl, and Seth Nussbaum, with a 150-over 702 (235-221-246) in the Surfin Plumbers Mixed League at Sarasota Lanes.
In other high-score reports from each of the seven area bowling centers:
- TREASURE LANES: Jim Lugiewicz 267, Joe Murray 267, Doug Kirk 267, Joe Murray 267, Keith Jones 266, Joe DiFranco 265-703, Jerry Weese 709, Dave Jodoin 704; Renae Gross 279-659 and 628, Shirley Niehaus 264-634, Dale Miller 257-660, Diane Kays 245-630, Jennifer Peacock 236-653, Jill Harper 236-636, Dolores Meyers 235, Bobbie Jo Weese 604.
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: Thomas Lindeberger 279, John Hoppe 268, Gale Scott 268; Alexes Fry 274-637, Rosie Gassera 258-696, Jan Bucklin 241, Mickeal Paige 236-609, Darcey Humphries 234.
- AMF GULF GATE LANES: Jesse Hawver 279-738, Donny Bartlett 277-716, Todd Logan 269, Pete Llerena 268; Beth Owen-Cipielewski 617.
- SARASOTA LANES: Carl Sawyer III 723; Heather Ridge 237, Jessica Hendrickson 235.
- AMF VENICE LANES: Gregg Gross 277-780; Barb Moran 233, Pam Rizzo 232, Dolores Meyers 231, Janet Romig 225-625.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: George Fuller 279, Tony Clevenger 278-712, Brett Carberry 270, Kevin Craycraft 267; Lisa Haller 225 and 603.
- AMF BRADENTON LANES: Al Esaw Jr. 751, Mike Byrd 709, Lee Roy Santos 708.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald's Examiner.com bowling columns -- free of charge -- by clicking on "subscribe" near the top of the article, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published].