The ninth part of this unit is a continuation of Romeo and Juliet. Use the following information for classroom instruction.
Go over the slideshow (included in this article with more elaborate points) as an introduction to the play. It is titled “Romeo and Juliet Part Nine.”
- Slide 1 (Title Page)
- Slide 2 (Terms to Know)
- Slide 3 (Terms to Know Continued)
Have students read Act IV Scene I and II of Romeo and Juliet. It would be best if students took notes on key points from the reading.
Furthermore, have students analyze and write detailed responses to the following questions:
Act IV, Scene I
- Explain why Juliet’s newfound maturity affects how she carries herself. Provide examples.
- Why do you think the Friar is so insistent on helping Romeo and Juliet? Explain.
Act IV, Scene II
- Do you think Juliet’s love for Romeo works against her? Why or why not?
- How has Capulet’s mood changed in this scene? Provide examples.