The fourteenth part of this unit is a continuation of Romeo and Juliet. Use the following information for classroom instruction.
Review slideshows twelve through thirteen of Romeo and Juliet while going over all notes taken so far:
Next, go over the slideshow (included in this article with more elaborate points) which provides quotes for analysis. It is titled “Romeo and Juliet Part Fourteen.”
- Slide 1 (Title Page)
- Slide 2 (Quote Analysis One)
- Slide 3 (Quote Analysis Two)
- Slide 4 (Quote Analysis Three)
Have students use ALL of the following information to analyze EVERY quote included in the slideshow:
- Briefly explain the context of the passage (two to four complete sentences).
- Describe the central tone (full paragraph; five to six complete sentences).
- Analysis (two paragraphs; five to six complete sentences each); reflect on the elements that contribute to the tone; how the writer achieves the tone; note use of language, rhetorical devices, syntax, etc.