The eleventh part of this unit is a continuation of Romeo and Juliet. Use the following information for classroom instruction.
Review slideshows seven through ten of Romeo and Juliet while going over all notes taken so far:
- Romeo and Juliet Part Seven
- Romeo and Juliet Part Eight
- Romeo and Juliet Part Nine
- Romeo and Juliet Part Ten
Next, go over the slideshow (included in this article with more elaborate points) which provides quotes for analysis. It is titled “Romeo and Juliet Part Eleven.”
- Slide 1 (Title Page)
- Slide 2 (Quote Analysis One)
- Slide 3 (Quote Analysis Two)
- Slide 4 (Quote Analysis Three)
- Slide 5 (Quote Analysis Four)
Have students use ALL of the following information to analyze EVERY quote included in the slideshow:
- Briefly explain the context of the passage (two to four complete sentences).
- Describe the central tone (full paragraph; five to six complete sentences).
- Analysis (two paragraphs; five to six complete sentences each); reflect on the elements that contribute to the tone; how the writer achieves the tone; note use of language, rhetorical devices, syntax, etc.