In looking for a job with only a High School Education you should
keep in mind that everybody is not the boss! They have to have people
doing the clerical work. The clerical workers are the movers of paper.
Any successful company can't do without them, they are the basic
movers of the paper, and computers in the office.
- Desktop publishing uses a computer, and it does require excellent
- skills to perform the job. They do the layouts for newspapers,
- books, brochures, and put the information online to be printed.
- They collect and arrange all of the materials to be used for
- putting them into a finished product.
- The pay is around $36,610/yr.
The financial clerks do most of the work in banks, insurance company, records of the customers. They also carry out the financial transactions
of the banks and instutions that handle money. The salary is $33,700
a year. This is a good position that could lead to advancement in
- General Office Clerks are found doing administrative task for
- companies. They answer the phones, and do a broad range of
- related tasks. Information Clerks provide clerical support, and
- help to maintain records. The material recording clerks are the
- ones who keep track of the information. The clerks are very
- valuable since they keep the schedules, do recordkeeping and
- inventory control. The salaries vary from $26,000, $29,000
- to $24,000/year.
The entry level jobs are a stepping stone to gain recognition and
move into a higher and more responsible position.