You can enjoy expert talks every day of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, which runs now through May 18, but there's a special treat on the weekends. Celebrities from HGTV and DIY take the stage to share their insights on flowers, gardening, and home design. The talks take place on the Designers Stage inside the Festival Center. That's the old Wonders of Life pavilion, located between Ellen's Energy Adventure and Mission: Space.
What are the talks like? Click the video accompanying this article to see the opening weekend presentation from Vern Yip. The rest of the schedule is as follows:
- Chris Lambton: March 14 to 16, 2014
- Matt Blashaw: March 21 to 23, 2014
- Matt Muenster: March 28 to 30, 2014
- Taniya Nayak: April 4 to 6, 2014
- Amy Matthews: April 11 to 13, 2014
- John Gidding: April 18 to 20, 2014
- David Bromstad: April 25 to 27, 2014
- Chip Wade: May 2 to 4, 2014
- Genevieve Gorder: May 9 to 11, 2014
- Alison Victoria: May 16 to 18, 2014
There's no charge for any of these celebrity talks at Epcot, but you'll want to arrive early to grab a seat. Otherwise, even if you get there late, you may be able to grab some standing room in the immediate area.
Even if you don't catch one of the celebrities, the other talks are very informative. Jump to this article to see a presentation from