Ahh, it's Valentines Day and love is in the air. Hallmark and Godiva are making a killing once again as millions of folks scramble to buy that special someone/s a token of their affection. Car rentals are also a pretty booming business on the holiday for amour. Hertz, one of the country's leading car rental companies has put together a list of the top five vehicles that folks would most love to be driven in this Valentine's Day:
1) Lamborghini tops the list with a price tag in the stratosphere of about $200,000, give or give. Despite it's highfalutin sticker price, the exotic has no shortage of takers. The Gallardo LP560-4 is the Italian automaker's top seller and is powered by a 5.0 liter V-10 good for 552 horsepower and 398 lb-ft of torque. In order to keep the weight down, the chassis of the Gallardo is a composite blend of alloy stampings, extrusions and castings. And except for the traditionally opening steel doors, the exterior is constructed of thermoplastic-formed panels. The car's interior is bathed with soft touch materials and leather. The Gallardo is a vehicle that one can only wish for, unfortunately.
2) Jaguar is a pricey feline that many would love to take home! The XJ is a stunner, head-turner and once you feast your eyes, you're salivating. The XJ's euro design exudes sophistication and the cockpit interior has an air of opulence with copious amounts of leather, wood trim and chrome. Powered by a 3.0 liter, V-6 supercharger 8-speed automatic, 340 horsepower, 332 lb-ft of torque and with a $73,200 sticker price, the XJ also comes with road manners that won't disappoint.
3) Bentley is just a class act on wheels, it is legendary for offering towering levels of sheer refinement. The Great Britain hand-assembled vehicles meld old and new world technology to a fare-thee-well. The cars are powered by muscular engines, a few are driven by a turbocharged 12-cylinder engine that cranks out more than 600 horsepower. The interiors are usually meticulously finished in a variety of leather and wood trim. Driving in a Bentley is undoubtedly an event every time you step into one. Prices start in the early $200,000's and go upward from there.
4) Rolls-Royce is the undeniable mark of distinction and claims to be "the best car in the world." The exorbitantly expensive and huge cars have presence, are certainly standouts and are, most of the time, chauffeur driven. The Phantom is a hot-seller and comes with a 6.75 liter V-12 engine mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. Intensive care is given to every detail on the car which is why the company targets the wealthiest people in the world. The price for such labor-intensive craftsmanship is hefty and can wind up going north of half a million dollars for one of these cars.
5) Ferrari is one of the most sought after and recognizable automotive brands in the world. The Italian automaker who also has a successful heritage in racing. The cars are sexy, sleek and fast. The Ferrari 458 Italia for example continues to be a popular number within the company's hot sellers with 562 horsepower from the 4.5-liter V-8 engine, delivering at least 80 percent of the rated 400 pound-feet of torque from 3,250 rpm. The little beast can do 0-60 in 3.4 seconds with a 202 mph top speed. With a price tag of way past $200,000, the 458 Italia is a force to be reckoned with every time you put the pedal to the metal.
Hey, please do hit me on Facebook and 'LIKE' my page!