If you’re a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member you can now score points and redeem them faster than ever thanks to a new upgrade by the global car rental company. In a recent press release Hertz announced that is has just lowered the rental thresholds required to achieve and retain status in its elite tiers to seven rental for Five Star status (it was 10) and 20 rentals to qualify for Presidents Club (from 40).
Gold members perks now include:
· Quicker Enrollment: Customers can now enroll in Gold Plus Rewards right at the rental counter
· Hertz Gold Choice®: Provides renters with the peace of mind knowing their car will be ready and waiting for them, and the freedom to choose something different on the spot
· Mobile Gold Alerts: Gold members can receive messages sent to their phone with up-to-the-minute information that let them know which car they’ll be driving and where their vehicle is parked
· Faster Rentals: Allows Gold members to skip the counter at over 50 airports around the world. And at over 4,000 locations worldwide, renters can simply show their driver’s license and pick up their keys.
Additional enhancements for Gold members include:
· Fast Forward to Free Days: Gold members can earn Triple Points on qualifying rentals from February 1 to April 15, 2014.
· More Ways to Earn Points: In addition to earning points on rental charges, Gold members earn with services like Hertz NeverLost®, Fuel Purchase, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, insurance coverage options, and more
· Enhanced Rewards: Improved technology makes it easier for our members to view their real-time point balance, check their e-statements with up to 24 months of activity, and even redeem rewards during reservations
· New Reward Destinations: Hertz has added new destinations to our expanding global network where you can redeem points for free days, including Ireland and Brazil.
If you’re not a member sign up at https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/member/enrollment.
Hertz has also added more 'Dream Cars' to its rental pool for those who like a more stylish ride (see video).