Herbs have been used through the ages for medicinal purposes. They are known to have antioxidants that can protect one from cell damage as well as diseases such as cancer. Adding fresh herbs to butter will enhance its flavor and bring a new taste experience to the table while adding extra nutrients one wouldn’t normally think to add to bring about an intense flavor to favorite dishes.
- ½ teaspoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon of chopped tarragon
- ½ teaspoon of chopped shallots
- 4 tablespoons of softened, salted butter
- After chopping all the herbs, place them in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the softened butter and cream the herbs in until well mixed.
- The herb butter is ready to spread.
- Keep unused portion of herb butter refrigerated in an air-tight container.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: