HENRY COUNTY, GA - October 2, 2013 Henry County Schools (HCS)Board of Education Members present at the October Study Session were Mr. Ryan S. Davis, Mr. Erik Charles, Dr. Pam Nutt, Mr. Mike Griffin, and Dr. Ethan Hildreth Superintendent.
Order of Business for the evening:
Mr. Pickett, Assistant to the Superintendent reported on comments received and the internal review findings for the Hampton Elementary School conversion charter school application. You will find a PDF of the comments here.
Mr. Pickett requested that the Board solicit an annual public review and comment regarding the District Strategic Plan. The plan outlines the mission, vision, strategic goals, and systemic initiatives of the school district.
Dr. Hildreth provided the Board with a community use of school facilities request. The PDF is found here.
Mr. Schmuhl, Assistant Superintendent of Learning and Leadership in conjunction with HCS High School Principles provided an update to last years ACT/SAT results. A Power Point of the presentation is found here.
April Brown, Director of Administrative Services, presented proposed boundary changes for:
- Eagle’s Landing High and Middle School vs. Union Grove High and Middle School
- Hampton High vs. Locust Grove High and,
- Stockbridge, Smith Barnes, and Cotton Indian Elementary
Specific proposed details will be available online and on display in the schools affected after the Regular Scheduled Board meeting on October 14, 2013.
Mr. Bowler, Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services presented two Foreign Exchange Students names for admission to HCS.
Mr. Bowler then presented the following policies, available for public comment for the past 30 days:
- HCBOE Policy IDB - Health Education.docx
- Proposed BOARD POLICY IDFA - Gender Equity in Sports.docx
- Board Policy IHE - Promotion and Retention.docx
- Board Policy LEBA Parent Involvement in Education.docx
The Board is scheduled to take action on these policies on Monday, October 14, 2013.
Mr. Allen Guimarin gave a Construction and ESPLOST update, Word document found here.
Mr. Guimarin then presented bids for roof repairs due to hail damage, Word document found here.
Mr. Allie, Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services, presented the Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) audit report for the year ending June 30, 2013, performed by Serotta Maddocks Evans, CPAs.
The Board received the financing schedule for the Henry County School District $15,000,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2013. Financing Schedule for Series 2013 Bonds.docx
Mr. Allie, then asked for Board approval for the two following items:
- Underwriter's Engagement Letter for Series 2013 Bonds from Robert W. Baird & Co. to serve as underwriter on the Henry County School District $15,000,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2013.
- Brentwood Services Administrators, Inc. Contract Proposal.doc to serve as the district's Third Party Administrator (TPA), Workers Compensation.
The Board the Board approved both requests.
Click the subscribe or RSS feed button to follow Bruce Kendall as the Stockbridge K-12 Examiner, or contact him here.