Need a service project for your teen? Want to find a way for your family to help those in need?
The Salvation Army: Angel Tree Program
- September 9 - September 20, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Late hours on Thursdays from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- No extensions will be made to these dates.
- Applications will be taken at The Salvation Army Howard County Service Center, 9017 Red Branch Road, Columbia, MD 21045
Catholic Charities Christmas Festival
- Basilica of the Assumption
- December 12, 2013; 7:30 PM
- 409 Cathedral St., Baltimore, MD 21201
- Wine, Cheese & Dessert Reception to follow.
- Celebrate the music of Christmas in the beautiful Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Cathedral Street and give to those less fortunate.
- This year, the Christmas Festival benefits Catholic Charities Community Services programs My Sister's Place Women's Center and Our Daily Bread Employment Center.
- For more information, click here.
AFL-CIO Community Services of Central MD, Inc.
- Advocates for the unemployed and for working people. provides referrals to other community resources and has a one stop career center.
- Holiday volunteer opportunities: Assisting with mailings, basket assembly and client follow up is needed.
- Donations needed: Non-perishables, grooming and hygiene products, clothing for both genders and new toys.
- Contact: Diane at 410.247.4989 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides a continuum of care focused on offering hope and healing to vulnerable children and families.
- Holiday volunteer opportunities: Volunteers are needed to sponsor a child in a residential program, adopt-a-family or coordinate a ‘new gift’ drive.
- Contact: Carol Shear at 410-252-4000 (ext. 1672) or email@example.com or Lauren Porter at 410-252-4000 (ext. 1637) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Downtown Baltimore Family Alliance
- Fosters and promotes family life in Baltimore’s city center. Partners with organizations to develop family-wise programs and policies, including initiatives for strong public schools and early childhood programs, enhanced public safety and environmental quality, and expanded recreational and cultural opportunities.
- Holiday volunteer opportunities: Adopt-a-family
- Contact: 410.989.1096 or email@example.com