At the start of every year, people reassess their goals and the ways they can acheive them. Whether it be losing weight, eating healthier, buying a house, family car, or simply remembering to take the trash out every week, it can be hard to stick to the resolutions they make. Add stress of family or career and many people easily give up within the first week. Remembering these simple tricks, however, can make New Year's resolutions a success every time.
- Find a partner. Working with a partner adds motivation, support and a sense of competition to a goal.
- Make a journal. Making a journal helps track progress and areas that may need improvement.
- Leave a note. Leaving reminders in areas of the house that are high in traffic helps to keep on task, especially when a person may be juggling family and a career.
- Small steps. Looking at a goal from the big picture may be overwhelming so set smaller steps to reach the overall end result to be accomplished.
- Rewards. Don´t go overboard, however, setting a reward for reaching each step is a great way to help motivate and boost confidence that the goal is being reached. Even if it´s in small amounts.
- Talk about it. Talking about acheivements or progress made adds a sense of pride, confidence and accomplishment that helps a person realize just how much the goal is that much closer to being accomplished and may encourage more people to accomplish their goals as well.