Kimpton’s Helix Lounge is rolling out the red carpet for Washingtonians and guests on Academy Awards night, Sunday, Feb. 24, with its annual Oscars Happy Hour viewing party featuring a lineup of award-worthy specials.
Attendees can watch red carpet glitz on the lounge's two 46” flat-screen TVs, while enjoying specialty cocktails and burgers that have been themed around this year’s Oscar-nominated films.
Available from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., the menu includes:
- Honest Abe: President Lincoln was a bit of a teetotaler, but when he drank, he loved bubbly. Raise a glass to one of the most iconic presidents with this cocktail of Prosecco topped with peach puree. ($5)
- Zero Dark Thirty: When it comes to covert operations, it’s best to stay out of sight. Let this classic Black Fog cocktail ambush your senses with a dark blend of Guinness Stout and Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur. ($8)
- Red Carpet Cosmo: DC fashionistas can critique the A-listers’ gowns throughout the night, while sipping on this house specialty. ($8)
- Eye of the Tiger: If lost at sea for 227 days, this is the best tiger to have in tow. Take your senses on an adventure with this Life of Pi-inspired cocktail featuring Beefeater Gin, Marie Brizard Pear Liqueur, fresh lemon juice, grenadine, and a dash of Regan’s Orange Bitters. ($8)
- Les Miserableu Burgers: These tasty burgers will have Oscar fans singing their praises – the gourmet beef sliders feature bacon jam, blue cheese crumbles, arugula and horseradish aioli. ($3 each)
A favorite with hotel guests and neighborhood locals, Kimpton’s Helix Lounge features a mod décor, signature cocktails and American comfort food. Helix Lounge is located at Helix, a Kimpton Hotel, 1430 Rhode Island Ave., NW For more information about Helix Lounge, call (202) 462-9001 or visit www.helixlounge.com.
Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants ranks about the top gay-friendly companies in the country. It earned 100 percent in the 2013 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), an annual survey administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation that has become a roadmap and benchmarking tool for U.S. businesses in the evolving field of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality in the workplace. This marks the ninth consecutive year that Kimpton has received this top rating, and was the first hospitality company to earn a 100 percent score in 2004.