An East Providence, RI, witness reported watching a low flying, black triangle-shaped object that appeared to be in pursuit by or in an escort position with a helicopter about 6:45 p.m. on February 22, 2013, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was outside at the time and first looked up after hearing a humming sound.
"I was walking back into my office and heard a humming and what sounded like a helicopter, then looked up and saw what seemed to be a helicopter following or escorting a black triangle craft," the witness stated. "It was much too large to be just a helicopter. And the shape was definitely a triangle. There were lights from the chopper, and triangle had several, red in color."
Both the object and the helicopter were flying rather low.
"It flew over my building in a southwest direction in a pretty straight path, was in line for a landing at a local airport, but was at a very low altitude, less than 500 feet. And the airport isn't for miles. I'm always observing the stars and have a clear view of sky."
The witness lost sight of both objects when buildings obstructed the view. The sighting lasted about two minutes.
Recently reported Rhode Island UFO cases include:
Silent light formations reported moving low over Providence
'Saucer-like' UFO reported over Rhode Island with horizontal lights
Triangle light pattern reported disappearing into 'misty green' sky
Recent triangle UFO coverage includes:
- Video: Virginia witness can't identify object crossing sky
- Military witness cannot identify triangle UFO over California coast
- Large triangle UFO reported moving over Carbon County Pennsylvania
- Texas witness describes '4-feet-tall figures' in triangle UFO windows
- Video: Arizona witness captures triangle lights over Chandler
- Silent triangle UFO reported at 500 feet was size of football field
- Florida amateur astronomer recounts 'massive black rectangle'
- New Texas witness testifies UFO hovered low over Friendswood
- Hovering triangle UFO over Mississippi turns off bright lights
- Low altitude silent black triangle UFO moves over Texas town
- Football field length triangle UFO reported moving over Texas town
- New York triangle UFO described with 'hard to define edges'
- Dark triangle UFO reported over California beach community
- Closed triangle UFO cases: September 2012 yields 17 reports
- Video: Christmas Day UFO hovers over Pennsylvania town
- Triangle UFO surface appeared 'shimmering' over Georgia town
- Pennsylvania witness says black triangle lacked 'normal lights'
- Kentucky witness says triangle UFO hovered 300 feet above roadway
- Video: Triangle UFO reported low over small Michigan town
- Black triangle UFO approaches witness silently in North Carolina
- UFO 'no joke' for Indiana Mom after second rural encounter
- Michigan couple encounters two low flying V-shaped objects
- Maryland witness describes large, low flying triangle UFO
- Four triangle UFOs over Jacksonville appear to scan ground
- Low flying triangle UFO coverage continues over Nebraska
- 'Huge triangle' UFO reported hovering over Missouri home
No images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on February 23, 2013. East Providence is a city in Providence County, RI, population 47,037.
Rhode Island is a current UFO ALERT 5 rating, with a low number of UFO sightings nationally. Rhode Island had one report in January 2013 - the 43rd highest reporting state while California had 75 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The following is the unedited report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Rhode Island MUFON State Director Marie C. Malzahn investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
February 22, 2013, 6:45 p.m., east providence, Bristol, RI - black triangle with helicopter present. Case 45842.
I was walking back into my office and heard a humming and what sounded like a helicopter,then looked up and saw what seemed to be a helicopter following or escorting a black triangle craft, it was much to large to be just a helicopter. And shape was definitly a triangle. There were lights from the chopper, and triangle had several,red in color.
It flew over my building in a SW direction in a pretty straight path, was in line for a landing at a local airport, but was at a very low altitude, less than 500 ft, and airport isint for miles. Im always observing the stars and have a clear view of sky.
The object finally dissappeared over the building and was unable to see.
was completly visable for about 2 mins.