With fall and cooler weather approaching quickly, it is time to think about what wonderful aromatics will warm up and cozy your home. How about Pillsbury’s new line of Artisan Bread Mixes, easy-to-bake and no-fuss ~ just as if you had started from scratch? Here are two recipes for mixes tested ~ one adapted from the Parmesan & Basil mix to make a delicious Rosemary, Parmesan and Basil Focaccia; the other, a Garlic & Herb Loaf. These savory breads all can be made in about 40 minutes without having to do the old tried and true all-day-long method of letting the dough rise, knead it and let it rise again.
Rosemary, Parmesan and Basil Focaccia
- Preheat oven at 425ᵒ. Prepare baking sheet by coating with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine bread mix and yeast in large bowl.
- Add one cup hot water and 2 Tbsp. olive oil to mix.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead 50-75 times, adding flour as needed.
- Press dough with fingertips to form a flat focaccia form on prepared baking sheet. Let stand for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary and ¼ tsp. sea salt.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle immediately with 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
- Cool for two minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to let cool
Makes 24 servings
Garlic & Herb Loaf
Follow steps 1-5 in Focaccia recipe.
Then either shape into a loaf shape on the prepared baking sheet or place into an oiled 8x4 inch loaf pan. Let rest for 12 minutes.
Bake at 425ᵒ for 24 to 28 minutes until golden brown. Let cool before removing from pan.
Enjoy this article? Please share with your family and friends. To receive up-to-date food and restaurant news alerts click on the “Subscribe” button above and visit Shore Region Restaurant Examiner and TastefulLiving.net.