After writing a column about Peacocks and Spirituality, I got an email from my friend and Lightworker, Chantelle Ashworth (who owns the wonderful and inspiring Where Angels and Lightworkers Meet Facebook page), telling me that she sees repeating hearts.
I knew immediately that Chantelle and I should co-write a column together about hearts, and here’s what we’ve done: First, you’ll find some interesting facts about hearts, and then Chantelle is going to make this column really special by sharing with us a little bit about the repeating hearts in her life and the messages they’ve relayed. Let’s get started!
The Heart Symbol:
- From Wiki Answers.com: ‘The heart is an ancient symbol associated with emotions, specifically love; in other traditions (Ancient Egypt) the heart was the seat of the mind; for centuries couples have carved their initials in hearts to signify their affections for one another.’
- From Wikipedia: ‘The heart (♥) has long been used as a symbol to refer to the spiritual, emotional, moral, and in the past, also intellectual core of a human being. As the heart was once widely believed to be the seat of the human soul, the word heart continues to be used poetically to refer to the soul, and stylized depictions of hearts are used as prevalent symbols representing love.’
- From Scooter My Daisy Heads.com: ‘…a heart with an arrow through it signifies LOVESTRUCK; a broken heart is LOVE LOST; and a flaming heart is PASSION. Older, deeper meanings attribute the heart as the keeper of the soul and passion of the body, the heart as the throne of emotion. Speaking scientifically, the heart is one of the major organs of the body and without it working properly...there is no life spark.’
Angels associated with the heart:
- From About Angels.com: Archangel Chamuel is known as the angel of peaceful relationships. People sometimes ask for Chamuel’s help to discover more about God’s love, find inner peace, resolve conflicts with others, forgive people who have hurt or offended them, find and nurture romantic love, and reach out to serve people in turmoil who need help to find peace…Chamuel is often depicted with a heart that represents love, since he focuses on peaceful relationships.
- From Whispering Worlds.com: Seraphiel is the chief or prince of the high angelic order of the seraphim…he fills our hearts with serenity and love of life. He is associated with symbols of the heart.
Quotes about the Heart:
- ‘There are many paths to enlightenment. Be sure to take one with heart.’ (Lao Tzu)
- ‘Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.’ (Unknown author)
- ‘The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.’ (Jacques Benigne Bossuel)
Personally, I agree with Avia of What’s Your Sign.com, who says: ‘When signs come into our lives it simply means we've got to make sense of them as they apply to our life situations - there is a message, and it's always personal (and usually profound).’
The tidbits and quotes above indicate a connection between the heart and our soul; so it makes sense that Spirit would use heart symbols to send us messages; and what that message is depends on what’s happening in our lives at the time we’re seeing them. And now, over to Chantelle, who will share her personal experiences with this important symbol:
‘I can still clearly recall finding my first heart in nature. It was shortly after my spiritual awakening, while walking through the small town in which my mother resides. I was taking photos of my daughters, who were playing in the museum gardens, when I noticed a heart shaped leaf on the grass. It looked so pretty, that I was compelled to take a photo of it right then and there! Having just gone through a divorce, and a very rapid and sometimes confusing awakening process, this heart came as if heaven sent. It caused me to pause for just a moment and reflect on all that I had learned and all that I had to be grateful for. I thought of those who loved me, and those whom I loved, and I suddenly didn't feel so alone. I still have that first heart to remind me of how far I have come.
I walk a lot, and suddenly I started noticing heart-shaped stones, leaves and rocks on my walks. It soon progressed to more abstract things like bubbles, mushrooms and clouds. We had our new kitten for a full week before we realized he had a heart marking in the pattern of his fur. Now I see hearts everywhere! I see hearts in nature, in food, in the puddles left in my shower. I even see hearts in the dirty laundry pile! The only reminder we have of the medical ordeal our son went through, is a heart shaped scar on the back of his head.
I started finding hearts so regularly that it was natural to start wondering if there was a reason or a message there for me. I started taking note of what I was doing, thinking and feeling when I came upon a heart somewhere and I did notice some patterns forming. I now see on average, four hearts a day and on most occasions the message is the same, it reminds me that it's about doing what you love and loving what you are doing. It's about living in gratitude and finding the good in every situation. And of course, being a heart, it's about love. It's about love for yourself and where you are, love for others and the journey they are on. Love for every living thing. In short, it's about living in the moment and in the knowledge that everything is connected. And, in case I don't see a heart one day, I have a heart shaped freckle on my arm to remind me.’
Chantelle, thank you for sharing this inspiring and important first-hand account with us; Dear Readers, thank you for sharing in the energy of love that is inbued in today’s column. Chantelle and I wish you many repeating hearts and much love. Don't forget to take a look at the slide show that includes some of the many hearts Chantelle has found in nature and around her house.
Thank you for reading my column! To see daily posts by me and weekly posts by my Spirit Guides, please like my Facebook page. Here are links to some other columns you might enjoy reading, and don't forget to check out my interview on Soul Adventure TV!