Vegetables are healthy and creating a dish the whole family will love isn’t always easy. Yellow squash is delicious and full of vitamins and minerals we expect from fresh produce. Yellow squash may not be a choice at the top of the list when reaching for vegetables although it should be. Next time you see it at the grocery store or farmer’s market, don’t pass it up and continue serving the usual choices. Try something new and simple that is healthy and delicious and quite possibly be the next family vegetable favorite dish.
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of egg substitute
- 1 cup of evaporated fat-free milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Place oil in a large frying pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Add in the squash, onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Toss in the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place the squash mixture over the bottom of the dish.
- Top the squash with the sliced tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine the milk and eggs together and pour over the vegetable mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top cooked through with a light golden crust that the egg mixture creates.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author: