Are you looking for something a bit healthier for your kids (and maybe even you) to munch on over the holidays? Something that will satisfy your sweet tooth? And something that doesn't take forever to make or have a ton of steps and fancy gadgets?
What you will need:
- 1 cup of peanut butter (try to stay organic, and with no added sugars)
- 1/2 cup of dry powdered milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of toasted sesame seeds
You could also add chopped raisins or dates if you happen to have some around. You will also need a mixing bowl, a cookie sheet or other flat dish like a platter, some waxed paper or parchment, and a refrigerator.
- Line your cookie sheet or platter with the waxed paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients slowing while you stir it all up to mix it.
- Once it is thoroughly mixed, spoon or roll out tablespoon sized balls and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Voila! You have delicious and satisfyingly sweet protein balls that can take the place of less healthy candies. This is also a great "road" treat or camping treat to eat along with granola for energy.
Comments? Questions? Story information, product to review or breaking news? Please contact Natalia Corres at Natalia@bakwep.com.
Enjoy this article? Don't forget to "like" or share it. You can receive email alerts when new articles are available. To subscribe click on the "+Subscribe" button above.