Most children (and their parents) eat too many sweets. Trying to get out sugar in your family, but being met by angry protests? Try these no sugar no grain brownies.
They use almond flour instead of grains and dates in place of sugar. Here's the best part: they actually taste good!
· 1 cup almond flour
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon baking soda
· 4 ounces 90% cacao chocolate
· ½ cup melted coconut oil
· ½ teaspoon vanilla
· 3 large eggs
· 11 dates (regular not Medjool), pitted
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Pulse chocolate and dates in a food processor until course little bits like sand.
3. Put dates and chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add all other ingredients.
5. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
6. Transfer for a greased pan (or muffin tins).
7. Bake 18-22 minutes.
Bake them in mini muffin tins to make portion controlled treats. Let me know what you think of these no sugar no grain brownies if you make them.