Moms and dads seem to be in a constant search for healthy, inexpensive snacks that can be packed ahead of time, and then grabbed from the counter/pantry as they finish packing lunches. Additionally, parents want snacks their children are going to eat.
One such recipe is this one for goldfish trail mix. It, and other healthy snacks, can be found in snack smart: 50 Healthy snacks your family will love through Family Circle. It is crispy, crunchy and fruity in every bite. You can make 4 cups in 10 minutes from start to finish.
Each ½ cup serving contains 121 calories, 2 grams total fat (0 grams saturated fat), 2 milligrams cholesterol, 173 milligrams, 26 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber and 2 grams protein.
- 1 cup bite-size fish-shape crackers
- 1 cup round toasted-oat cereal with nuts and honey
- 1 cup pretzel sticks or twists
- 1 cup raisins, dried tart cherries, dried cranberries, and/or chopped dried pineapple
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Divide mix among 8 snack-size resalable bags.
- Store at room temperature up to two weeks.