The holidays are over and it’s time to start the New Year’s diet regimen. The problem is that your sweet tooth is still craving sweets day and night. Quick and easy energy balls are the simple answer to both situations. They are a healthy snack that will provide energy and the sweetness your taste buds are craving.
Quick and easy energy balls
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 2/3 c toasted coconut flakes
- ½ c peanut butter
- ½ c ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ c raisons
- 1/3 c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Let chill in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to one week.
- Make about 20-25 one inch diameter balls.
Official taste tester’s comments:
- These are awesome.
- I toss a few in a baggie and eat them when I need a quick pick me up throughout the day. Much healthier than a candy bar, but no too healthy that you sacrifice taste.
- Recipe. Please.
Quick and easy energy balls can be made on the weekends to provide your family with a healthy snack all week long. The chocolate chips and raisons are optional, or just pick filler that suits your family best (also consider dried fruits or white chocolate chips).
Please visit the Examiner page of Amy Bittinger Kunkle to read more articles from her various columns. Do you have a passion and wish you could share your knowledge? You can; with Examiner. Writing for Examiner is a great way to earn extra income and spread your creative wings.