Living a vigorous lifestyle and setting goals throughout the New Year to be healthy is beneficial for the body and mind.
Proper dieting, exercise, and adding some form of meditation therapy on a routine basis may decrease the chance of exposure to certain diseases, cancers, and other illnesses (Source: Prevent Cancer Foundation).
Create healthy meals throughout the New Year using natural organic ingredients with the right flavors.
Create a delicious veggie pasta casserole with a blend of chopped carrots, whole natural spinach, string beans, and whole wheat pasta in a cheesy olive oil sauce.
2 cups of whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup of shredded goat cheese
1/4 cup of low fat Ricotta cheese
1/4 cup of shredded carrots
1/4 cup of minced red onions
1/2 cup of diced mushrooms
1/2 cup of cooked string beans (frozen not canned)
1/2 cup of whole leaf spinach (chopped)
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of celery salt
1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1 teaspoon of oregano
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of vegetable broth
1/4 cup of skim milk
1 teaspoon of Parsley for garnish
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
1. Pour half of the olive oil into one frying pan; allow frying pan to preheat on medium. Toss in carrots, mushrooms, onions, string beans, spinach and garlic.
2. Stir fry contents adding in celery salt and oregano.
3. Prepare pasta based on initial packaging instructions; drain pasta and set aside.
4. Use a large mixing bowl to mix pasta with all the stir fried vegetables and stir in Ricotta cheese.
5. Create the cheese sauce: Melt goat cheese in a small pan with 1/4 cup of skim milk on low heat.
6. When cheese becomes soft, add about 1/4 cup of vegetable broth to the sauce.
7. Stir in black pepper, salt, and onions to the cheese mixture.
8. Use a 9” x 9” baking pan, line pan with aluminum foil and use olive oil to coat foil surface.
9. Layer bottom of pan with some of the cheese sauce, then add pasta; spread evenly.
10. Start the next layer with cheese sauce and repeat.
11. Top with parsley for garnish and bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Health food review:
Goat cheese is healthier and lower in calories than most regular cheeses utilized in main pasta dishes. Goat cheese contains about five percent more protein and contains more calcium.
Whole wheat pasta is healthier because it contains about 25% more fiber than white pasta. The more fiber the body takes in the better.
Quick Tips to Healthy Weight Loss:
Review the article here to learn how to lose belly fat in a healthy way: Lose Belly Fat
Stop emotional eating: The brain reacts to stress differently and can at times cause an increase in stress hormones. Manage emotional eating: Learn more - Garcina Cambogia Fruit Extract