You need something to make for dinner, but you are running short on ideas. So what do you do? You look at what you have and create a delicious meal out of it. That is exactly how this recipe for pork chops with rice and garlic squash was born and even the man who says he hates vegetables loved the squash. Find out how to make this great recipe.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup of white rice
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini squash
- Chili powder
- Garlic Salt
- Boil two cups of water in a pot. Once boiling, turn temperature down to medium-low, then add one cup of rice. Cover tightly and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Peel and slice the yellow and zucchini squash. Sprinkle just a dash of pepper and garlic salt on both sides. Place in oven on the "broil" setting for 20 minutes or you may fry it on the stove if you wish.
- Heat frying pan on stove and once hot, add pork chops and sprinkle just a dab of chili powder on both sides. Cook until done and use a thermometer to make sure. The link in the first paragraph gives some great guidelines on how to tell if pork chops are safely "done."
- Add some butter to rice and mix well.
- Place a "bed" of rice on plates, add the pork chops on top and place garlic squash on it as well.
This recipe for pork chops with rice and garlic squash was absolutely delicious. If you prefer your squash more firm and crunchy, then you can cook them for longer.