Are you looking for a healthy recipe that is quick, easy and is easy on the wallet? Then a stir fry is a great choice. There are a lot of different type of stir fry recipes, but this one is special because it has a sweet and tangy sauce that really makes the flavors come alive. The best thing about this recipe is that it is appropriate for diabetics.
- 1 cup Asian vegetables
- 10 medium shrimp, deveined and tail off
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/8 cup mustard
- 1/8 cup brown Splenda or sugar substitute
- Cook shrimp if necessary. If the shrimp is already cooked, add it along with the vegetables to a lightly oiled pan on medium-high heat. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the pineapple to the pan and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the brown sugar substitute and mustard in a bowl. Mix well. If the color is yellow, then you need to add some more brown Splenda.
- Drizzle the sauce on the stir-fry just before serving.
This recipe would go wonderfully with rice or a grilled chicken breast.