No need for a lot of sugar for these healthy snacks:
Crispy Mapled Nuts
- Spray baking sheet with baking oil. Preheat oven to 320
- 1# walnuts, pecans or mixed nuts
- Mix together and pour over nuts: ¼ cup walnut oil and ¼ cup maple syrup
- Stir well to coat nuts, and spread on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Let cool 10 minutes if you can keep everyone away!
Gluten Free Pizza Crust - From Tropical Traditions
Makes 2-4 servings
- 2 cups whole milk organic mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper out for baking sheet.
Mix cheese, eggs, flax, coconut flour, and baking powder together until a sticky wet dough is formed. Spread with a spatula to ¼ inch thickness on a baking sheet lined with one piece of parchment paper.
Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Halfway through the baking process, flip crust over by sliding it off the baking sheet with the parchment paper, placing the second piece on the sheet, and turning the crust over unto the new sheet and peeling the old paper off. Return to oven until done baking.
Remove from oven, slide off of parchment paper, and flip over again for cooling. Once crust is cooled, top with sauce, pre-cooked veggies or meats, and cheese. Set crust with toppings under the broiler on high for a minute or two until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve.
Chocolate Pomegranate Bark
Line baking sheet or 9x13 pan with parchment paper
Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on parchment - Suggested amount: seeds from one-half pomegranate to 3 ounces chocolate
Melt chocolate and pour over seeds (chocolate can be melted in glass container in microwave in about 1 minute, or in double boiler on stovetop). When melting in microwave, heat in 20 second intervals and stir to hasten melting.
Refrigerate until solid, then break into pieces and store in refrigerator.
A sweet treat with a slightly tart and fresh crunch.
Apricot Appetizers – from EatingWell.com
- 16 dried apricots
- 8 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese - or goat cheese
- 2 ounces chopped shelled pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
Top dried apricots with ½ tsp. of cheese, and sprinkle on pistachios, then drizzle with honey.
More holiday snack ideas at:
Healthy Lady.com - http://www.healthlady.com/recipe-corner