The Fall Commit to be Fit Healthy Hike Series kicks this Sunday, August 28, at the Blacklick woods Metro Park. On each of the next ten Sundays, one of the Columbus Metro Parks will host these 2-mile hikes where friends and families can come together to enjoy the sites of the changing Ohio landscape. All hikes will begin at 1:00PM.
New this year will be a 15 minute session of stretching and light Yoga led by members of the YMCA of Central Ohio. Representatives from Giant Eagle will also be on hand to talk about exercise and healthy eating, as well as to share some tasty treats.
The schedule for the 2011 Fall Healthy Hike Series is:
- August 28, Blacklick Woods
- September 4, Scioto Audubon
- September 11, Inniswood Metro Gardens
- September 18, Three Creeks
- September 25, Blendon Woods
- October 2, Slate Run
- October 9, Battelle Darby Creek
- October 16, Sharon Woods
- October 23, Chestnut Woods
- October 30, Highbanks