- 2 bags of mixed greens
- Red onion (diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin slices or diced (depending on what you prefer)
- 1/2 English Cucumber, cut into thin slices and halved
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes (sliced and quartered)
- Sliced toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Fat Free Feta Cheese Crumbles
For the Dressing:
You have two options: We like to toss our salad with just salt and pepper – it’s already pretty flavourful with the cheese, almonds, etc. But if you must have dressing –go for a balsamic vinegar dressing. But any low calorie (<30 calories per serving) dressing will also do.
In a large salad bowl, put the two bags of mixed greens in as a base for the salad. Top with the rest of the veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, red pepper, red onion). Then top with cheese, cranberries and almonds in that order. Serve and enjoy!
Note: Because of the fat free feta, and the small quantities of sliced almonds and cranberries – this salad remains quite low in calories and high in nutrition/fibre. Just make sure that you do not put too much dressing on it.