Are you looking for a great gift for mom, but your mom is health conscious and you don't want to discourage her efforts? Perhaps you would like to give mom the gift of health
Here are some great ideas to wow mom while keeping your wallet happy.
- Get outside to the Columbus Zoo. Moms get in free on Sunday May 13 with a paid child admission. Walking through the Zoo will give mom plenty of steps to count toward her daily fitness goals!
- Take mom for a walk in one of the local Metro Parks. Bring along a picnic lunch and enjoy the afternoon together for next to nothing!
- Give mom a new set of workout clothes and shoes or something to encourage her physical fitness or other healthy interests.
- Make mom breakfast in bed. Stick with healthy options such as fresh fruit and low-fat, low-sugar muffins and quick breads.
- Do some of mom's usual chores. Wash the dishes, feed the pets or do whatever it is that she dislikes the most! Give mom a break and some time for herself on this day.
- Write mom a handwritten letter thanking her for what she does. Mental health is as important as physical health.