Healthy fruit smoothie recipes can include any kind of fruit, although they most often have bananas at least, some kind of berry and naturally, some yogurt. This black cherry smoothie recipe keeps the banana, forgoes the berries, includes vanilla yogurt and then for good measure, includes flaxseeds for some extra health benefits.
Subscribe to my column to get regular updates about recipes as well as food-related essays and quotes. I never give your information away.
About the Black Cherry Smoothie Recipe
According to Medical News Today, flaxseeds are a powerhouse nutrient. They have fiber, vitamin B1, essential fatty acids and micronutrients. In this case, you'll add some ground up flaxseeds to your smoothie. This recipe also calls for soy products in place of regular milk, although you could substitute one kind for the other. As for the milk itself, it gives the black cherry smoothie recipe a bit of a chocolate kick. Yum!
- ¼ c. banana chunks, frozen
- ½ tsp ground flaxseed
- ½ c. black cherries, frozen
- 1 c. black cherry juice
- ⅔ c. chocolate soy milk
- ¼ c. vanilla yogurt
- Put everything in the blender, and blend it on high.
- Blend for at least one minute until the black cherry smoothie recipe becomes smooth.
- Pour the smoothie recipe into glasses and serve.
- Add mint and frozen black cherries to the top of the smoothie to garnish it.