A smoothie is just that, smooth! Having that type of consistency it is easy to drink down and forget how many calories are in the drink you are consuming. Instead of a sugary drink that packs on the pounds why not go for one that is fuit based, low-fat and a lot healthier for your diet. This smoothie recipe is easy to prepare and a great afternoon pick-me-up when you don’t want to indulge in another small meal. The papaya and banana are packed with vitamins and nutrients and serves as an additional fruit serving for the day. Try one today, we’re sure you will love it!
- 1 ½ cups of fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 ½ cups of fat-free milk
- 2 cups of crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse till the larger pieces get rendered down.
- Then set to blend or puree until entire mixture is smooth.
- Serve while cold.
- Yields approximately 4 glasses of smoothie goodness.
- Almond milk can be substituted for the fat-free milk for added flavor.
- Add 2 teaspoons of unsweetened shredded coconut for added tropical flare.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author:
Home and Living Examiner shares household tips, events, tips and tricks for greener living and fun crafts and ideas. Healthy Living Examiner teaches about nutrition, updates on public news alerts and recalls and medical and health issues. Jackson Celebrity Examiner has the gossip about your favorite stars. Mobile Top News Examiner brings news stories to your fingertips occurring in the United States as well as other countries on a variety of topics. Mobile Holidays Examiner is interesting while sharing traditional and bizarre holidays, food holidays along with history and trivia about fun holidays throughout the year.