The Cardiovascular System:
Cardiovascular disease hinges on several factors including genetics and age. However, a conscientious diet rich in nutrients can actually help reverse existing cardiovascular damage and even fight buildup of harmful plaque on your ticker!
Remember, that when you extract whole, healthy foods into a nutritious smoothie, you turn them into a maximum absorption food source for the body!
Directions for a First Date Smoothie:
Add the following ingredients, in the order provided, to your blender or extractor.
Blend to desired consistency:
1/3 cup cooked white beans
¼ cup almond milk
2 handfuls Romain lettuce
4-5 ice-cubes (optional)
• Add water (or coconut water) to achieve desired consistency.
• The dates provide fiber and a natural sweetening agent, while the beans provide additional protein.
• Dark, leafy green vegetables are high in fiber; adding them to your fruit smoothie provides an excellent source for the relief of constipation or hemorrhoids.
• CAUTION: If you are experiencing an agitated digestive system, the fiber content in whole fruits and vegetables may add further stress. However, by extracting plant foods it can aid in replenishing nutrients lost in diarrhea while making it easier for your body to break down the food sources and absorb them quickly.
• Soluble fiber (once in the intestines) slows the absorption of sugars in the blood – allowing the body to feel full and limiting insulin spikes.
• Always consult your physician if you have special diet or health related issues.
For additional information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• The Organic Store Locator
• For additional information or more heart healthy foods, click on the link in this sentence.
• Learn more about the benefits of fiber by clicking on the WebMD link in this sentence.
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.