The benefits of vitamin C reach far beyond the common knowledge of treating colds and ailments. Foods rich in vitamin C should be a serious consideration to a healthy lifestyle.
Did you know that scientific evidence shows ingesting foods high in vitamin C aids the body in battling allergies and assisting in overall faster recovery with burns, wounds, and broken bones? These are only a few things this amazing vitamin does for our bodies.
Other Vitamin C Benefits
- Used to treat Parkinson's disease
- Excellent supplement for diabetics: regulates blood sugar spikes and drives down glycosylated hemoglobin levels
- Counteracts free radicals in the body aiding in heart disease prevention
- Antioxidants that help reduce/prevent cataracts; reduce/prevent heart disease/stroke
- Antioxidants that help reduce; aids cholesterol in bloodstream from oxidizing
- Helpful in periodontal and autoimmune disorders
- Used to treat preeclampsia during pregnancy
- Increases a smoker's sperm count
- Immune system support
- Cancer prevention
Remember that when it comes to selecting raw foods and caring for the digestive system, always consider organic, especially if you eat any of the *Dirty Dozen foods. Here is a list of those foods considered to be most contaminated with chemicals.
Dirty Dozen Foods:
- cherry tomatoes
- hot peppers
- sweet bell peppers
- nectarines (imported)
For additional information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• The Organic Store Locator
• Learn more about the benefits of fiber by clicking on the WebMD link in this sentence.
• For more foods that contain Vitamin C, click on the link in this sentence.
• For more information about Vitamin C supplements, click on the link in this sentence.
• For more information on *Dirty Dozen foods, click on the link in this sentence.
From my home to yours: more healthy information - with nutrition in mind.