What's in season? Fall fruits! Here are 10 fruits to fall in love with.
1. Apple- Over 7000 varieties (oh the apple pies you could bake).
2. Avacado- Full of heart healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Nature's healthy butter.
3. Clemintines-Tiny fruit with a big boost of vitamin C.
4. Fig- Have more fiber than any other fruit or vegetable.
5. Grapefruit- Full of dietary insoluble fiber, pectin, which has been shown to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
6. Kiwi- Entirely edible, skin and all, and its black seeds are rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acid.
7. Pears- Nutrient dense and high in energy make it one of the 20 most popular fruits according to the FDA.
8. Pomegranates- Vivid antioxidant rich fruit and boasts healthiest fruit juice by CBS News.
9. Pumpkin- High in vitamins A, C, and folate.
10. Rhubrab- Botanically a vegetable, but that was changed to a fruit in 1947 by U.S. Custom Court. Scandalous and yum.
When picking fruits the brighter the hues the better for you, think fall colors.