Sesame oil is one of those mainstay ingredients usual to Chinese cooking. Everyone is most familiar with its flavor from various stir-fry dishes. Sesame oil is also tasty in salads as well as other foods providing a slightly nutty flavor to everything it touches. This healthy oil mixed in a dressing that is thick, creamy and a healthy eating choice. Share a new and exciting flavor combination with your family and shake up some sesame dressing today.
- 2 tablespoons of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- Place all the ingredients in a large cruet, shake well and pour over your favorite foods.
- Steamed vegetables
- Egg noodles
- Leafy greens
- Sautéed tofu
- Chick peas
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: