It's Butterscotch Brownie Day - let's celebrate with a delicious, healthy, low-fat version that will take you away to butterscotch sundaes on the front porch.
This is a lower fat and lower sugar version of low fat recipe for Butterscotch Brownies from Food.com.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup Splenda Blend brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Put egg substitute in a medium bowl, add the sugar and vanilla and blend until well mixed.
- Sift the flour with the salt and baking soda,then stir gently into the egg mixture. Stir in the nuts.
- Spread the batter in pan, bake for about 20 minutes. Cut into 16 squares while still warm, dipping knife in hot water, if needed, to make a neater cut. Remove from pan once they have cooled.
- Serve with low fat ice cream or yogurt.
Simply click on the SUBSCRIBE button here or at the top of the page to have Linda's articles sent directly to your e-mail inbox, totally FREE.
Email Linda at email@example.com.
Find Linda on:
Read more from Linda:
Product Review Disclaimer:
This product was sent to us at no cost. We were under no contract or