It's Butterscotch Brownie Day - let's celebrate with a delicious, healthy, low-fat version that will take you away to butterscotch sundaes on the front porch.
This is a lower fat and lower sugar version of low fat recipe for Butterscotch Brownies from Food.com.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup Splenda Blend brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Put egg substitute in a medium bowl, add the sugar and vanilla and blend until well mixed.
- Sift the flour with the salt and baking soda,then stir gently into the egg mixture. Stir in the nuts.
- Spread the batter in pan, bake for about 20 minutes. Cut into 16 squares while still warm, dipping knife in hot water, if needed, to make a neater cut. Remove from pan once they have cooled.
- Serve with low fat ice cream or yogurt.
Did this article leave you hungry for more?
Simply click on the SUBSCRIBE button here or at the top of the page to have Linda's articles sent directly to your e-mail inbox, totally FREE.
Email Linda at email@example.com.
Find Linda on:
Read more from Linda:
Product Review Disclaimer:
This product was sent to us at no cost. We were under no contract or