Almonds are one of the first cultivated foods and are in itself a super food like no other. The amount of health benefits from just a handful of almonds which equals approximately just ten nuts is incredible.
The almond tree bears pink and white fragrant flowers and produces a fruit. Inside the almond fruit is a seed which is what we familiarly call the almond nut. So even though we call almonds nuts they technically are the seed of fruit.
In the United States, California is the leading producer of almonds. California Almonds provides eighty percent of the world’s nut supply. There is an additional wealth of information that California almonds can provide by following them on: can be found: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the Almond Board.
Home health remedies a handful of almonds can provide:
- Just by eating almonds they can aid in preserving the vitality of the brain, prolong life and strengthen muscles. They can also prevent premature wrinkles, black heads, dry skin and pimples.
- The minerals and vitamins as well as copper and iron can remedy anemia in a person.
- When consumed regularly they can restore sexual vigor.
- If ten almonds are eaten late in the evening by themselves or with a glass of warm milk they can help treat issues of constipation.
- Help fights whooping coughs, asthma and bronchitis when just a teaspoon of almond oil is added to a few drops of onion juice and ginger juice a few times a day.
Health conditions almond nutrition protects against:
- Raises HDL cholesterol levels
- Lower LDL cholesterol levels
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Increase antioxidant levels
- Improves blood flow
- Improves oxygen flow
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Protects against high blood pressure
- Protects against atherosclerosis
- Lessens meal surges in blood sugar
- Protects against diabetes
- Lessens the increase of cholesterol damaging free radicals and elevated blood sugar
- Reduces glycemic index
- Decrease death rates
- Lowers risk of coronary disease
- Reduce C-reactive proteins
- Can help overweight individuals shed pounds more effectively
- Reduces (BMI) body mass index
- Provides energy protection to the heart and other muscles
- Lower risk of developing gallstones and gallbladder disease
- Increases calcium absorption
- Lowers risk of cancer
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Helps curb appetite
- Lower triglyceride levels
- Help promote healthy lings
- Helps prevent the onset of asthma
- Helps prevent the onset of respiratory diseases
Nutritional values of almonds:
- Healthy fats
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B2 – riboflavin
- Health-promoting monounsaturated fatty acids
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids
- Vegetable protein
- Amino acids
- Fatty acids
- Soluble fiber
- Insoluble fiber
- Anti-carcinogenic properties
- Anti-inflammatory properties
Jackson Cooking Examiner recipes to try using almonds from California:
- Bake a batch of almond cookies and enjoy the crunch
- Create an edible almond pinecone cheese ball with a creamy spread inside
- Between meal cravings: Almond butter snacks hit the spot
- Chewy and soft almond cookies: Almond flour intensifies the flavor and aroma
Mobile Holidays Examiner story about “National Almond Day”
When you feel like a nut, choose California almonds and enjoy celebrating “National Almond Day” and reap the all the health benefits they provide!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news or health story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Healthy Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: