Healthy snacks on the market are a dime-a-dozen these days. Finding one that is healthy that tastes great, is a whole other story. This recipe will make you change your mind about store-bought bars after tasting just one. Everything needed to create these snack squares when those hunger pangs strike is good for you and there is absolutely no sugar added.
Summer is here and the children are always looking for something to eat during the course of the day and now you don’t have to feel guilty turning them down when they grab for one of these homemade snacks.
Fruits and oats baked together make for a crunchy delight with lots of flavor. A little spice to meld all the ingredients together. So copy the ingredient list and check the pantry first before heading to the store for what might be missing. Once home it is a quick mix of flavors, textures and healthy goodness and in half-an-hour everyone in the family can enjoy a healthy afternoon snack.
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of apple sauce
- 2 cups of oats
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the snack bar batter into a square or rectangular baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to this snack to cool almost completely before cutting into squares.
- Chopped nuts or cranberries can also be added or used as substitutions for the raisins.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved