It doesn’t sound as though they have a piece to spare! Twitchy has a record of Twitter users who noticed and have had fun at the president’s expense with the glaring typo in the above message, which appeared yesterday at Healtcare.gov. The Twitchy writers themselves took a swipe at the administration with its own title “All in: White House dopes still giving ‘piece’ a chance.”
The article, which was posted at 7:46 this morning notes:
It’s been 16 hours since our ‘betters’ at the White House tweeted an image urging you to ‘#GetCovered because it’ll give your mom piece of mind.’
The tweet is still up and the White House Twitter account has not acknowledged the error.
Some of the tweets Twitchy cites:
Good grief, the WH hasn't deleted this YET? Intern dude, go join the Piece Corps
The @whitehouse twitter account for the Smartest Administration Ever has a glaring typo in the stupid picture they're using to sell shit.
What's so funny about piece, love and understanding?
No Obamacare, know piece, Know Obamacare, no piece. https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/411231710227857409 …
There is even a tweet from Michelle Malkin herself:
Oh, no. Common Core-educated Obamacare propagandists want to give your mom "piece of mind" ==> https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/411231710227857409 …
The White House, in fairness, is deserving of some credit. No one in the administration has so far blamed this embarrassing misspelling on George W. Bush, who — as any liberal will tell you — is the only president dumb enough to make this kind of mistake.
- Obama’s gaffes: ‘This is what happens when you get to be 52’
- Associated Press admits inserting text covering Obama’s ‘gulf states’ gaffe
- Obama’s nonsensical answer to why he won’t accept GOP’s piecemeal funding fixes during shutdown
- How Obama got played by Putin and Assad
- Democrats’ Obamacare, not Republicans, fines hospitals for treating the poor
- Obama taking heat over provenance of new WH dog
- Is Obama really this stupid or he being devious?
- Obama: ‘Unless you’re a Native American, you came from someplace else’
- Bushism of the day: WH gets sex of Korean president wrong on memo
- Obama’s latest gaffe: We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad
- Obama’s slip is showing again: Gets history of atom wrong in big speech