Regardless of your new years resolution, 2014 can be a year of great gain in terms of health and fitness. If you set reasonable goals, be committed and consistent, and have accountability, then you can create positive changes in your life. For accountability and encouragement, you can join Sprout Nourishment in any of their events throughout the year. These can help you eat healthy, exercise often, and live well. Learn more on the Sprout Facebook page.
The challenges are split into 3 categories. There are some that revolve around healthy and nutritious food: January, April, August, September, and December. Others are physical workout challenges: February, May, July, and October. The last category is called living well and involves sharing knowledge and helping others: March, June, and November. You can join just the ones you are interested in or try them all.
Full details will be revealed on the website and Facebook page, but an overview of the challenges are:
- January Root Vegetable Month: learn recipes and nutritional value of root vegetables
- February Home Workout Challenge: while it's cold outside, workout inside with squats, push ups, and crunches
- March Healthy Movie Month: watch free movies regarding health and nutrition topics
- April Veggie Challenge: learn recipes and benefits of a short term vegan cleanse or a long term plant based eating style
- May Plank Challenge: strengthen your abs, back, and upper body
- June Volunteer Month: help others and make the world a better place
- July Iron Man Challenge: run, swim, and bike throughout the month
- August Anti GMO: learn the dangers of GMO food and get GMO free recipes
- September Sugar Free Month: learn the dangers and how to ease this sweet addiction
- October Ab Challenge: work on that six pack before the holidays
- "Know"vember: learn health and fitness tips
- December Healthy Holidays: get health and nutrition recipes you can use