As you gear up for the last beach outings of the summer, be sure to protect the skin, however, if sunburn does occur, this natural remedy will provide instant relief and heal the skin overnight.
While the sun shouldn’t be avoided altogether, the skin needs protection, especially when enjoying a day at the beach. Dress in layers, where sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat and slather on the sunblock, reapplying as necessary. If preventative measures do not stop sunburn, then try the following organic recipe from Natural Cures Not Medicine.
- Clean washcloth (organic cotton clothes if accessible)
- Raw apple cider vinegar
- Organic coconut oil
- Wet washcloth in cold water
- Splash on apple cider vinegar
- Dab wet cloth on sunburn, soaking the skin
- After skin dries, liberally rub coconut oil on the sunburn
- Continue to rub coconut oil daily to prevent peeling
For bad sunburns, complete the above twice to intensify healing. And remember, to prevent sunburn, reapply sunblock as directed.
Organic washcloths can be found on Long Island at Buy Buy Baby located in Garden City and Huntington Station.
Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com. For more about treatments, subscribe to receive instant free updates.