Heads up drivers, we just got the official word from our Nichols Canyon Association that some serious road closures are ahead in and around Hollywood. So if you’re planning to drive in the neighborhood between now through March, here’s a heads up on what to expect road-wise.
Sycamore Trunk Line: Beginning Saturday, March 15, an LADWP Trunk Line Construction crew will implement a new work zone on Sunset Boulevard between La Brea and Formosa to start the final connection work between the new Sycamore Trunk Line and the existing Sunset Trunk Line. Construction is expected to continue for approximately three months. Construction runs Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. During the three-month construction period, one westbound land and two eastbound lanes on Sunset Boulevard will remain open at all times. Motorists are advised to avoid the general area of Sunset and La Brea and use alternative routes. If commuting through this intersection cannot be avoided please plan accordingly.
Hollywood Boulevard between Orange Drive and Highland Avenue Closures:
Academy Awards: 21 days prior to the show Orchid Alley between Orange Drive and Orchid Street will be closed; 14 days prior to the show, the north curb lane of Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Orange will be closed. Additional the north sidewalk will be closed until n March 4. The east and west curb lanes of Orange between Hollywood and Orchid Alley will be closed; 11 days prior to the show, Wednesday February 19 at 10 pm - Tuesday, March 4 at 6 pm Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Orange Drive will be closed. Seven days prior to the show, Monday February 23 at 6 pm - Tuesday March 4 at 6:00 am Hollywood between Highland and Orange will be closed as well as both the north and south sidewalks and mid-block crosswalk. Six days prior to the show, Tuesday, February 24 at 12:15 a.m., Tuesday March 4 at 6 a.m.,all lanes of Hawthorne between Highland and Orange will be closed.
One day prior to the show, Saturday, March 1 at 6 a.m. - Monday, March 3 at 6 a.m. all lanes Hollywood Boulevard and Orchid Alley will be closed; Orchid Street from 60 feet sounth of Franklin Avenue to Orchid Alley will be closed.
Other Street Closures:
- Global Green Event --Wednesday, February 26 at 5 a.m. - Thursday, February 27 at 5 a.m. The west curb lane and sidewalk of Vine Street between Hollywood Boulevard and Yucca Street will be closed.
- E! Entertainment Production--Wednesday, February 26 at 6 a.m. - Monday, March 3 at 2 p.m. the north curb lane of Hawthorne between Orange and Sycamore will be closed.
- "300: Rise of an Empire" Premiere--Tuesday, March 4 from 10 a.m. - 11:45 p.m. the westbound lanes of Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Orange will be closed.
- "Bad Words" Premiere--Wednesday, March 5 from 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. the south curb lane and sidewalk of Sunset Boulevard between Ivar and Morningside Court will be closed.
- "Need for Speed" Premiere--Thursday, March 6 at 6 a.m. - 11:45 p.m. all lanes of Hollywood Boulevard between Orange and Highland will be closed.
- Los Angeles Marathon--Sunday, March 9 from 6 a.m. to noon several streets in Hollywood, including parts of Hollywood Boulevard. Towing signs will be posted 72 hours prior. Go to www.lamarathon.com for more information