The fourth annual PRO Winter Warm-up hits the track on Friday and Saturday, January 17th and 18th. Hosted by Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida and the Professional Racers Owners Organization, Inc. (PRO), the event features some of the top names and teams in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series’ two nitro series – Top Fuel and Funny Car – as a prelude to the 2014 season, which kicks off Thursday through Sunday, February 6th through 9th with the NHRA Winternationals at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, California.
“The PRO Winter Warm-up offers South Florida fans unprecedented access to professional drag racing’s legendary drivers and teams – with two nights of full-fledged, thrilling competition on the PBIR Drag Strip,” noted President and Chief Executive Officer of IRG Sports + Entertainment Jason Rittenberry. “Because there is no purse on the line, you’ll see these racers engage in 300 mph wide-open runs with no holds barred.”
Owner, driver and PRO board member Bob Tasca III said, “Most fans don’t even realize that some of the greatest Fuel performances of the year take place at the PRO Winter Warm-up! After a week of testing at PBIR, the Pro teams are always ready to put on a great show for the fans of South Florida. Don’t miss one of the best races of the year!”
In addition to Tasca III, drivers expected at the PRO Winter Warm-up include:
· 2013 Funny Car champ John Force and the rest of John Force Racing, daughters Courtney and Brittany Force, andRobert Hight
· Al-Anabi Racing drivers Shawn Langdon (2013 Top Fuel champ) and Khalid alBalooshi
· Torrence Racing’s Steve and Billy Torrence
· Don Schumacher Racing drivers Tommy Johnson Jr., Tony Schumacher, Antron Brown, Jack Beckman, Matt Hagan, Ron Capps and Spencer Massey
· Kalitta Motorsports drivers Doug Kalitta, David Grubnic, Del Worsham and Alexis DeJoria
· Chad Head
· Sidnei Frigo
· Leah Pritchett
· Cruz Pedregon
· Bob Vandergriff Jr.
Two-day spectator passes for the event are $50 for adults, $25 for children ages 6 to 12 and free for children 5 and under; daily tickets are also available, and parking is free. Gates open each day at 4 p.m. ET, with racing from 5 to 7 p.m. ET. Get more information on the PRO Winter Warm-up at racepbir.com.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org