The renewal comes on the heels of a news-making exchange between a television critic and show creator Lena Dunham during a Television Critics Association event on Thursday.
"It's because it's a realistic expression of what it's like to be alive, I think, and I totally get it," Dunham replied when asked why she so-often appears nude in her own show. "If you are not into me, that's your problem, and you are going to have to kind of work that out."
Later on, following a few more minutes of tense conversation, show producer Jenni Konner admitted to being in a "rage spiral" about the critic's comments.
HBO's Girls returns for its third season on Sunday, January 12 with back-to-back episodes that begin at 9pm.
NOW READ THIS…
- Netflix: 'Orange is the New Black' is our most successful original show
- Enjoy this disturbing video of Bill Gates dressed as Austin Powers
- Review: 'Moone Boy' is a delight
- Netflix releases new trailer for 'House of Cards' season 2
- Watch Steve Ballmer's bizarre 'goodbye' speech to Microsoft employees