Barren Hill Tavern Celebrates National Pie Day This Thursday with Homemade Pies and Beer!
This Thursday, January 23 from 5 to 10 pm, Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery is having their debut event of the celebration of the much-anticipated National Pie Day. They will be serving pies from Sous Chef and Pastry Chef Melissa Stout-Greiner in true brewpub fashion with beer pairings.
more people will come if they think there’s punch and pie”.as Cartman on South Park says. So throughout the evening, Barren Hill Tavern will offer four crafted desserts with optional beer pairings and one pie paired with Barren Hill’s signature cocktail Barren Hill Punch.
Stout-Greiner’s desserts for National Pie Day will be served a la carte with optional beverage pairings.
- Chocolate Cointreau Pie paired with Barren Hill Punch (brandy, port, spice)
- Shaker Lemon Pie paired with Barren Hill Belgian Golden (a golden ale balanced by hops, sweet malts, and spicy Belgian yeast)
- Frozen Banana Split Pie with Barren Hill West Coast Oats (hoppy oatmeal stout, smooth, rich roasted malts, notes of chocolate, dark fruit, hint of licorice)
- Peanut Butter Tart with DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus (a chocolate peanut butter porter)
- Rum Raisin Apple Crumb Pie with Southern Tier Pumking (a seasonal release that pairs well with desserts)
Being a pastry chef at a brewpub gives me opportunities for experimentation with beer pairings that a traditional pastry chef wouldn’t typically have access to,” says Stout-Greiner. “I’ve always enjoyed watching the customers respond to unique pairings and celebrating National Pie Day with beer is a great way to expand the dessert/beer connection. “
This is the first of many beer-centric events to hit Barren Hill Tavern with many more events to come to the new Lafayette Hill brewpub.
Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery, set in the historic General Lafayette Inn building on the outskirts of Philadelphia in Montgomery County, is a new brewpub from the owners of Devil’s Den and Old Eagle Tavern. Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery offers 30 craft beers on draft and a variety of select cans and bottles. Head Brewer Scott Morrison (five time winner of GABF, World Beer Cup bronze medalist,formerly of McKenzie Brewing and Dock Street Brewing Co.) brews as many as twelve unique house brews that will also be available at Devil’s Den and Old Eagle Tavern. Executive Chef Paul Trowbridge will develop a menu of beer-inspired food that incorporates flavor and technique into elevated gastropub fare, with house made desserts and pastries crafted by Sous Chef /Pastry Chef Melissa Stout-Greiner. Like Barren Hill on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BarrenHillBeer